This is a little warning that we are a mere 100 days until Christmas 2017 (and before you ask – Christmas to me starts on Christmas Eve). Don’t panic. Nobody panic. We can do this. Are you panicking? Don’t. But remember:
Christmas is coming!
I absolutely love this time of year and so in order to celebrate the countdown kicking off, I shall be starting a series of posts (1 a week) with a Christmassy theme for the classroom!
The topics will include:
- homemade cards for you and simple card ideas to make with the children
- present ideas
- adding a touch of homemade
- letters to Santa
- using the “12 days of Christmas” as a teaching tool
- decorating and making decorations for the classroom (with the children)
I’m excited to start up. I know that it seems like I am rather over zealous starting in September. However, ask an educator – you can not start preparing for this time of year early enough. With
- end of term concerts and performances,
- making cards and presents for carers
- timetable changes
- using christmas for writing (think letters to Santa, lists of what Santa needs, card writing, Nativity activities), maths (repeating pattern, counting, 2d and 3d shapes) and science (candy cane science always goes down well)
there is never enough time to fit it all in! With all this in mind, I am aiming to get the posts up for you to have lots of time to implement any ideas or inspiration that may come your way!
What else would you like to see in the series? Let me know in the comments, and don’t forget to like and sign up for the site updates!