Last year in December I did a little “Declutter December”. I loved it and it helped me, even if no one else, to prepare for a joyful Noel. So I decided that it might be nice to share here this year too. This post aims just to introduce the idea and give you a hint at what is to come. Each day of December will give you a little area to sort through and make sure it is all perfect – tickity boo – ready for the start of 2018. I love decluttering, but find the idea more than a little overwhelming sometimes. These little jobs make it all much more achievable!
So welcome to:
Every day in December, try and go through one group of items as listed below, and if you are happy with them, skip it! If you want to add more or go further – go ahead! Your decluttering process, your rules. Sorting at this time of year really can make you feel more in control and on top of the crazy that happens around this time of year, so use it as a guide, but not a punishment. Use it as a ego boost enterprise that helps you feel better – not worse!
- declutter your bag (your manbag, handbag, school bag – just get rid of those half used tissues and old receipts).
- go through your pen pot (you do not need half used pens in your life)
- Phone (old contacts, sorted emails, photos from 8 years ago…)
- junk drawer/dumping space
- old christmas decorations
- beauty products (especially expired ones!)
- tinned foods
- clothes (if they need mending, do it and if they don’t fit donate it!)
- baking supplies
- TV recording box (are you really going to watch those programmes from last year?)
- freezer (make space for Festive Treats!)
- make up
- kitchen appliances
- bed linen
- wrapping paper
- documents on the computer
- hobby supplies
Will you be joining me? Are there any things you would modify? Do please let me know and don’t forget to like, comment and signup for more content!